Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Been a Long Time since I Rock and Rolled:

wildbunch_l
(I get by with a little help from my friends)

Well, dear reader my exile in the desert soon draws close to an end. This weekend my Flower and I shall pack up grandma’s piano and other various sundry belongings and trek back into the interior of this our great and noble land.

For those of you who didn’t know, my Flower’s lucrative contract as an image consultant for Sheriff Joe Arpio and fellow boy band enthusiast Senator John McCain was not renewed. The inside scoop is that she was replaced by a follower of a certain sect that requires its adherents to wear special underwear.

As a result, we are forced to leave this land of milk and honey. Yes, I shed many tears…tears of fucking joy. I have not been this happy since I defeated those charges of being a cross dressing-drug mule and was freed from a Thai prison (my second runner up would be the ending of the 1982 All State Boy Scout Jamboree).

Yes dear reader, we Publics don’t do anything easy, after working for the man in the copper mines through a summer of 120 degrees plus, we leave here in order to enjoy all that an upper Midwest winter has to offer the intrepid.

I shall miss both the sunrises and sunsets here, the mountains of northern Arizona, our home on the Reservation and the cast of colorful locals who have endeared themselves to us. Rest assured my list of what I won’t miss is much longer.

I will try to post from the road, but we will have to see how that goes. As it stands we would like to be on the road by Sat afternoon, which puts us back in Indiana midweek, the good Lord willing.

Until then, I remain much like those venereal warts you thought you got cleared up during you junior year in college.

JQP esq.