Wednesday, July 18, 2007

On Male Public Restroom Behavior:

thats my boy
(Enough to make any father proud.)

#1 and #2:
You know, I have come to the realization that every state and every place of employment has its own male bathroom rules and/or behavior. I would like to share a few of my observations with you the reader.

First off let me start by saying that I come from a self flow observation and culture. When I urinate, I look where I am aiming and keep my head down, I tend not to be a chatty person when peeing and like to finish the business at hand and move on.

Now, in South Carolina folks tend to want to chat you up while pissing. Which I find awkward, seeing that I don’t like to open my mouth in a public bathroom and cant stand the thought of the great unwashed’s poop germs getting on me. To the point I will breathe through my shirt if someone has spoiled the air with what ever partially digested food products they have ingested and eliminated.

In the North, you can’t go to a public restroom without running into some poor fellow in some far stall grunting like a caveman attempting to make fire. I often wonder if these poor souls eat whole chickens and/or hams and are surprised when in comes time to void themselves, or if they are trying to push a football throw a garden hose. Please note, that since Jr. High, I have found any rest room noise while at times unavoidable not to be actively encouraged.

Now in Arizona, one thing I have noticed is that men will walk into a stall to pee. Yes, standing up, with the door closed and locked and just peeing, this being done with numerous urinals available.

However, if you run into anyone in a men’s restroom you don’t speak you nod, the Black Man/ Mexican Man’s nod and no it doesn’t matter what your racial makeup might be, Hell I just ran into our Indian IT guy and got the nod.

For those of you who don’t know the Black man/ Mexican Man’s nod it a nod up, vs. a nod down, more commonly seen among white insurance sales men you encounter on any Midwestern street, including the obligatory smile on their face. In Arizona, one should never have a smile on their face when greeting another in a public rest room. Just a bad-assed nod up.

These are some of the things that trouble me, I welcome you the reader to share your thoughts and/or observations.

JQP